Saturday, February 14, 2009

Living in a Material World and I am a Material Girl... :-(

Although it pains me to admit it...I can be a tad material at times! Here it is Friday, pay day and of course I have bills and important things that need to be handled financially so I do handle those things first. The girls are visiting from North Carolina and they're mall whores (sorry guys love u! lol). Me, I haven't gone shopping in almost 1 year...I had to stop! I was HORRIBLY out of control with the swiping and the need for new things. Just when I had kicked my habit here comes Farrah and Rose dragging me down lol. I went into the mall intending on buying 1 pair of jeans! I left the mall with 0 jeans...1 pair of sneakers...and 2 extremely gorgeous pairs of boots!!! And now I want more!
We got home with the merchandise and couldn't stop talking about them, looking at them, taking pictures of them...lol...then Farrah said something that caught my attention..."Look at us sitting here coveting our footwear"...and Rose adds "on the Sabbath at that"...dang!!! That's exactly what we were doing! No wonder our time on this Earth is limited...we focus too much on the tangible things that have nothing to do wiht our salvation and true purpose for being on Earth! Wo are we?????

No comments: