Friday, July 10, 2009

In a world all my own...

There's something so comforting about going back home! I have no idea what it is, but I've realized that since I moved away from home 4 years ago, every time I'm stressed and feeling down I immediately want to go home! I don't get it! My mom drives me crazy, I never have my car when I'm home, yet I always want to go back home in these moments! This is one of those moments! Whenever I seem to be on a naturally joyous tip, something happens! Work has been kicking my ass, class has been stressing me out, and teaching is tiring...yet I remained genuinely happy these past 3 weeks. Now, in one day, with one event...I feel like shit!! I want to go home...hear my mom talking...see the mess Gretchen has made of my room...see my friends...visit my trifling and feuding family...breathe Boston air...I wanna go home!

>>Is it wrong for me to want to believe that good guys do exist? Am I just naive?<<
>>Is it wrong for me to want the best for all my students and think all teachers should want the same and should strive everyday to teach with compassion and love?<<

Maybe I'm living in a fantasy land where people are treated equally on all levels and everyone's afforded the same things! A land where people speak nothing but the truth and with every word you should be able to see through to a persons genuine soul! Maybe...I'm just being stupid! Wtf do I know?

1 comment:

C.E.B.M. said...

Home is always where the heart is... no matter what lies ahead, you'll always have the fond memories of home and want to return even if its for a day...

Good guys do exist... pressing the matter only seems to heighten then fact that their hard to come by... take your time and be patient... your knight will come when you least expect it... God knows your heart and He won't give you someone you don't deserve but you gotta be patient!...

You have to want the best for your students... trust and believe you are an influential part of their every day lives and you can be a person that that they'll always remember shaped their life in some way some fashion so keep doing your thing and be confident in your skills... your a teacher for a reason!...