Thursday, November 29, 2007

Do as I say...Not as I do

This entire week I've been thinking about this topic and come to some major conclusions. And coincidentally a friend brought the topic up during lunch today...so this is a necessary blog.

I've always said that I don't have any regrets in life, just lessons learned...but I really do in actuality. If I could go back in time I would have waited. There was no rush for me to give myself, simply a need to be more mature and prove to him and to myself that I could do it. So I gave myself to him...he wasn't my boyfriend at the time, but I did love him. But did I love the others? HELL NO!! Lol...it's actually not funny. It's pretty sad. With every stroke...I lost a piece of my soul. Lost a piece until it was all gone and I simply no longer cared who or why! I just did...
I would go back and remain innocent (in that sense). I'd retain my entire soul and have no regrets, but I can't go back. I can't change what happened in the past. I can only move on and not repeat. I move on vowing to truly try my hardest from now on. I do not need physical satisfaction or temporary attention from someone whom I don't see myself with in the future. Although I move on I will not forget about my past. It's horrible when adults forget their past and act like it never happened....like they were always holy and pure...lol. Nah...I'm gonna tell my kids. Maybe I won't tell them everything, but I'll tell them enough to trust them to make the right decisions to do as I say not as I do.

Just a few facts for ya:
12%of the US population is African American
40%of HIV/AIDS cases reported in the US are from African Americans
70%of new cases of HIV/AIDS are African American youth

ABSTINENCE...BUT IF YOU MUST...WRAP IT UP!!!!!!! (december 1st, national aids day)

2 comments:

Mani C.G. said...

Now do you see why when I hear some vital information on the radio I pass it on! This is why... cause I know out of the five people who I tell, it will hit one! It makes me feel like I'm really on this earth for a reason when my (what i beleive are small) thoughts hit people and spark change... Good KATIE BOO! Keep it up and Keep it going... Don't be selfish with your knowledge!

Unknown said...

ketty ketty ketty, awwww man...so much to say....but I'm not in the mood for crying...so i wont....