Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sunrise Sunset

The day was shitty...I heard the gunshots and was the first in the yard to see his lifeless body...it hadn't hit me until later that night when we were leaving Cassandra's house...he called...
"Ey...what you boutta do?"
"I'm going home...my mom just called."
"Come on man...we had this conversation last night"
(The night before I got home from D.C. at about 12ish...he called me at 2 and told me to come outside...I complained that I was tired and looked a mess...he said he didn't care..."I just wanna see you...I haven't seen you in like 1 month just come outside"...so I did...we talked in the car til 4...great convo as usual and he tried to explain to me that I was grown and I shouldn't have to be afraid of my mom anymore...)
"I know...but...I'm not in the mood to argue with her tonight...I'm just going home...I'll see you tomorrow"
"How u know that? I got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow"
"Idk...you tryna say you won't have time to see me tomorrow?"
"Nah...I probably won't"
"Aite well..."
"Aite man...I'll talk to you later"
He was clearly upset that I couldn't see him but I wasn't sure why exactly.

The day started like any other Sabbath morning in Boston...was chilling in the crib watching Kids Sing Praise and singing along like a dork (u know I was all into that joint too) while I waited for Twin to pick me up for church...church was actually pretty good that day too!
The evening continued with a cookout for Malorie's birthday...good food, great conversation, and many old faces...what more could you ask for! As the festivities died down we tried to figure out what to do for the rest of the night! Chick was having a birthday party and there were no other options for Trey Deuce so...her party it was...we'd all be together and there'd be free drinks...y not?!!! My girl Leo was also havin a shindig and I hadn't chilled with her all weekend and she lived like 5 minutes from the birthday girl so the plan was to have Tanya pick me up from chick's crib to go to Leo's...my phone died so I put him adn Tanya's numbers in Mal's phone! I called Tanya five times to pick me up cuz everyone was leaving but she didn't andwer so I called him and he said he'd pick me up from Mals.

We get to Mal's and the maddness begins...Boogs and Esperado start fighting...shit gets outta hand and we're all over the place tryna get them to calm down...he comes in the midst of it all. I get in the car for a few minutes cuz I don't want him just sitting there..."We can stay until you get everything situated if you want."
So thoughtful..."K...thanx...I'll be back".
Finally, we get things together (or I thought) and we drive to Leo's house...chill there for like 20 minutes before we all leave...
"What are we boutta do?"
"Idk...I should go home cuz it's like almost 4 in the morning...but I don't care...it's my last night in town"
"Exactly but what we boutta do? I can only thing of two things two do right now...have sex or sit in the car and talk for hours..."
You know what I wanted to say in my mind but didn't say it outloud..."Let's go to Castle Island...to Pleasure Bay..."
"Oooohhhh I like the way that sounds..."
So we go to Pleasure Bay...we get out the car and walk towards the picnic table...
"You wanna walk the path or you wanna chill"
"I think you wanna walk the path so lets go"
"Actually...I don't wanna walk anymore"
He sits on the picnic table and I'm standing in between his legs!
From all the maddness of the evening the hood in me was still on display so I was talking big shit to him and making all kinds of threats.
"Cut it out Kate...you don't have to do that!"
"Do what?"
"You don't have to prove yourself to me...I know you! I know you're from the hood...I know you can beat a bitch ass...I know you when you used to come to school late from fighting girls in the street so you don't have to prove to me that you're hood...but you're still my oreo!"

That touched me...that he told me he knows me and that he explained how he knows me!!! I was tryin madd hard not cheese, but I couldn't help it! We talked about everything from school, to dreams, goals, memories...everything!

"You're a hater..."
"No I'm not a hater...you're a shit talker...that's what Imma change your name to in my phone...not stroker, but shit talker..."
"So I'm a stroker and a shit talker...that's cool"
"Yeah more one than the other"
"Well you know...I be putting it down"
"Actually I was talking about the latter"
"Word...don't touch me"
By this time he held me by my waist and my fingers were locked behind his neck like it was prom all over and we were prom king and queen taking our first dance on the floor!

"For real...dont touch you?"
"Nah...don't touch me..."
"...come here...come here"
He brought his face closer to me...I grabbed it...looked into his eyes and remembered all the things I saw in him when we first met in the high school hallways...rememembered all the conversations we had...thought about how our relationship has changed within the past few months...how it changed that first day we kissed on the steps after graduation...thought about what could be...and I kissed him...he kissed me back...and we kissed as the sun rose in the horizon...we kissed fast and raunchy, then slow and passionate...shared breaths of emotion and passion as we came up for air occasionally...when we went down it was still dark...when we came up it was the dawn of a new day! We kiss everyday in my memories...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww

here's my question: do feelings for someone every really go away. we can push them to the back of our minds but given the opportunity, if 2 people were standing face to face, inches from kissing (and the relationship didn't end on horrible-fuk u-don't ever speak to me again-i hate ever meeting you terms, what's the likelihood that they wouldn't kiss.

if you loved someone with your all and gave them all your heart do you every really get it back? in its entirety?

iono... sometimes i feel that way about someone in my past and it scares me. part of me just wants to fukin kiss him! lol.

man, guys suck. they can't just blow into lives whenever they feel like. can a chick get some consistency! I mean there's no reason for me to get happy when he hits me up... right?

ok i've realized i'm using your blog to rant. i'm out.

and p.s. i'm not so anonymous, we went on a picnic once

Prodigious said...

Lmao..."anonymous"...ummm you've def raised some good points...i honestly don't know if I can answer you're questions but I do agree with your first point about kissing someone if the relationship didn't end on bad terms...in my situation it never really was a relationship....just two friend who were always into each other but never acted on it and shared one kiss...so kinda it was more like attempting to start a relationship (hopefully)...but I so feel you!! I wish they could be consistent too..make life sooooooooo much easier!!