Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Words can't express...
4 years ago I never would've thought I would be the person I am today...6 years ago I never thought I was even going to college let alone a prestigious HBCU. Now I'm here as the end of the road draws near...Although I have an extra 4.5 weeks to wait til it's the official end for me, for most of my friends and loved ones the end comes only in 3 days...3 days that seem to be coming faster than ANYONE ever expected...so many thoughts and emotions surface when I think about this. I know it's been a while since I've blogged but this is SO heavy on my heart I had to do it. A friend broke down to me yesterday and exclaimed how much he appreciated my friendship...college was never what I expected and I thank God for what it turned out to be! I've had so many firsts at Howard University and to think of leaving this place and moving on to a completely new life hurts. I've had a life here for the past 4 years, made friends and lovers, made networking connections, had a routine...and now I have to start over!! But isn't this what I wanted????? Why does it hurt so much? WHy am I crying as I type this? Moving to New York has been my dream...and for the past 3.5 years I've complained of how much I hate DC, but now that I have the opportunity to live a new life in New York...I'm not sure if I'm ready for this!!! My heart is...it's breaking!!! I love these people so much...they've been such an intricate part of my life...and now we must part!! Many say that in a few months college won't even seem like such a major part of my life anymore...but I honestly don't think that's true!!! Too much has happened for me here...too much of me was made here! I will always and forever LOVE the people that were a part of this...word's can not express..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
College is where most of us come into our own, you meet so many different ppl, from so many different places that you cant help but grow as a person... you will always remember the memories, the time shared, the journey the long study breaks and so much more... at times we take it for granted and don't realize that the 4 or 5 yrs do go by so quickly. As one door closes another is opening it happens for a reason better to be leaving then an 8th year senior who still doesn't know what they want to do, the future is bright and with God by your side you enter the real world better then you would have 4 years ago, the tears maybe tears of sadness but know that it was all worth and now the skies the limit, keep doing your thing the future can only be brighter!!! ;-)
C.E.B.M.
thanks!!! You always seem to know the right things to say!
Post a Comment