Monday, February 18, 2008

I PRAY

Down on my knees in angst and emotion I dream a dream so big with a soundtrack so strong. The music flows through my ears as the thoughts leave my mind and touch His heart, never to leave my lips cuz this this is a dream, a soundtrack only for us. No one else can partake of this dream cuz it's so real, it's so personal, and it's all for me! And I stand in the dream poised and pleading for the gracefulness of a man who loves Him just as much as I do. A man who's on the same tip, sometimes slipping but never falling so deep to the point of no resurrection, but a man who is sure of who he is, who's free flowing, mind-blowing and displays eclectic acts of emotion. A man who believes in holding hands and singing my fav songs, who knows a first date does not include a movie unless there's some alone time after. A man who loves his momma but is not afraid to leave, who has a plan...yes a man with a plan is a man to fear and by fear I mean respect. Respect every inch of his body and acknowledge every hair on his chin! Love every pore that's apparent and the impurities within. A man who acknowledges that perfection does not inhabit here, but that excellence is the end all be all. A man who does not put the ipod down, texts all day, and would love to sit through a season of The Hills, Laguna Beach, and Degrassi! And I'll beg and plead with Him and make clear what I want and try to understand what He wants for me....and He'll plan strategically for this man...my man to just walk into my life...catch me in the library or at the grocery store...better yet....my man finds me and expresses how God's beauty is perfect and his plan is flawless! The music stops...I wake up! A smile plastered on my face because I know He told me "ask and ye shall receive"....so if I have to dream this big every night for the rest of my life i will and this I PRAY!

5 comments:

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

i like this so much

p.s. word verification has gotta go...

Prodigious said...

thanx....and huh?

Unknown said...

My mom has been praying this prayer for me for decades....lol. I was talking to Shirley (Laurent) the other day about relationships and what not (talk to her if you get a chance, i know that's a lil random, but it's worth it) and she made me promise to pray, not for God to send him right now so I can be in a relationship right now, but for me to meet and be secure in the sense that I know he is there. and when I am ready we can do the dew!

Prodigious said...

Lmao...do the dew!!!! hahahahah

Ensa said...

I PRAY THIS PRAYER WITH YOU!!! AND THANK YOU FOR SUCH A WELL LAID OUT PRAYER I COULDNT HAVE ASKED FOR IT BETTER MYSELF