Or if I could be the icon of black beauty; empower our women to enrich their minds and not aspire to be like the girls on t.v. shaking their booty, I'd be a phenomenal woman like Ms. Angelou.
And if my voice could sway the crowd and bring emotion to the world with one note or tune, I'd sing the blues like Ms. Holiday.
But if I could stand the test of man and without failure or fault follow God's plan, I'd teach with the willingness of Moses.
Yet if I, if I could release my mind through the pen with a burst of eclectic words intertwined in metaphors that you'd have to hear more than once to comprehend, I'd write with the pen of Langston Hughes.
But because I...because God made me unique to sing to my own beat and speak with my own strength I can write from my pen of life and let my analytic thoughts flow, but be influenced by the greats of whom I just spoke because I can, because I will, because I am...
POETRY
2 comments:
makes me want to listen to "Poetic Bloodlines" by Gemineye
u didnt write that liar.....jk jk i love it...nice stuff ketty!
Post a Comment