When she opens her mouth I can close my eyes and go back to the exact moment when I was speaking her lyrics. She must've been standing beside me that day when he played my life by sleeping with her. She was on the line when I got the news; felt my pain and anger when I thought about doing all those evil things to him.
And that day I felt alone and betrayed he must've been in the room to hear me scream and cry. He took a look at my notebook when my feelings were burning a hole through the paper.
She knew how much I hurt when my father left; understood my confusion at the situation. She observed my demeanor, heard my thoughts, and like Dr. Phil she wrote down all she could.
They took a stroll through the park with me the day I had my apocalypse. They talked me down from my heightened state of absolute disgust and indifference....helped me decide my next move and regain my strength and confidence.
She knew that I should have let him go. I just wanted it to be over, but I never knew what I was missing, I just knew once we started kissing I found love.
He knew my pain and my struggle, understood my thirst and knew what it meant to be misunderstood.
So they wrote and sang for me; rocked to the beat of my life and made sense of it all for me.
Hip-Hop layed in the bed with me after the first massive beating while I cried myself to sleep. They spoke to me at school when the teacher was pissing me off and that boy was running his mouth about things that didn't happen. He sat with me on the bus when my friends were pissing me off and I needed a break. So hip-hop was my life support like it's Lupe's IV...Hip-Hop speak to me, keeps me going indeed. My ode to Hip-Hop!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yo i don't really care for hip hop but this was good son
Post a Comment