We came in together freshman year...wet behind the ears and oblivious to the world around us. I knew nothing about her and she about me, yet we immediately clicked! People said we resembled each other...we were always together...she was my roommate! And over the course of our freshman year we all got extremely close...disclosing secrets and sharing moments no one would ever understand! I could say it started as about 8 or 9 of us...but as time went on the weak ones were weeded out and it ended up being 7 that stayed strong and of the 7 there were us...the 4 of us who felt it was us against the world!!! And it would always be like that!! Thank God for reality...because things happen and people change!
She left after freshman year...but she lived so close she always came back...she just got a brand new car and their relationship was strong so it was like she had never left...but she never put their relationship before our friendship cuz we were all friends!
Second semester sophomore year she left...dropped out but lived soooooooo damn close that it didn't matter. Now although the 4 of us were hanging tough two of us were thicker than thieves...they were ace's...she left but she was still here and it was like nothing had changed between the two until he came in the pic!
Now we all had our boyfriends and boos but our friendships were never compromised for the sake of a dude! He cheated on her, did her so grimy, yet she went back! So much for that!! He became her world...the center of her everything! If they were fighting everything else in her life sucked...and that wasn't fair to us! She started breaking plans, lying, and keeping secrets! Things were changing for the worse...but we tried and tried to keep things together! We attempted to console her and let her know we were there...we gave her advice, but did she listen...NO! It was the same story over and over and we got fed up!! My friends mean the world to me...but there's only so much I can take! I was the first one to give up on her! I would tell her the truth (cuz u know I'm real and blunt...no beating around the bush)...but she'd lie to me and wouldn't take heed. Her ace was always backing her up...even when she did her dirty she would always give her a second chance, better her than me!! But this time it went too far...she's become selfish and oblivious to the feelings of others! So that's it....we're done...we're finished attempting to make things work....we're beyond giving advice...we're past being hurt! She says she understands but she's not showing that she does at all! So as she leaves this morning to go back home for the break she's trying to convince herself that she's done nothing wrong...I know her so well that I kno when she returns next semester NOTHING is going to change!
"I know I've been flaky and I've done some fucked up things...I'm gonna try but if it doesn't work then..."
A slap in the face! If you enter something expecting to fail then you're going to fail! And she basically said that the friendships mean nothing to her and she's just willing to let them go! Now when he graduates next semester what is she gonna do? Who's she gonna turn to? Not me...cuz I'm sorry but I won't be there! "He's a sucky person" and we didn't have to make her choose...she had already chose!!
Am I being mean?
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well my love. What you have to realize is that everyone is not as strong as you. People handle things different ways and as good or helpful your advice may have been, people will do what the hell they want to do. I think you should give her space to find herself cause she's obviously struggling with that. As for forgetting your friendship, if you're a s close as you claim, then don't give up on her or it. Give her some time to realize her fuck ups and move on. In life you want to gain friends not loose them. Kisses
You arent being mean if the friendship meant anything then she would make it work and realize that the ones that never did her wrong are the ones she should keep ever so close because those are the ones that count in the end. You have no reason to question on your part!! you have done wat it took to save what was left of the friendship it takes two to tango and if she aint dancing sadly but honestly your jus gonna have to find a new dance partner. this doesnt mean throw everything you guys shared in the drain it just means shes gonna have to ride the bench for a while until she appreciates the dance!!!!
"he's a sucky person" - The HILLS! ur addicted...and i guess i am too if i know where that came from...lol... umm yeah he is and so is she soooo um yeah...dont sweat it.... even if it hurts....BUT!!!!! in her defense...sometimes wen your with someone you give up on all the right people for mr. wrong... and there is no better feeling than screwing up and finding that u still have the friends you mistreated with their arms wide open...(that's obviously from personal experience)
you're not mean you're right...too right. my relationship with her was different...not as intense and i always expected less because i never expect more until i'm givin more by a person unexpectedly. i see the way you hurt and i see the way my other ace hurts and it really hurts me. i try to understand her and never take what she does to heart because i feel like its just her personality to a certain extent. like i told ace boogie number 1..."she's been that way from the jump to other people, and you've seen it...it just took her longer to do it to you." And when it comes down to it everyone does exactly what they want to do when the time comes: nothing more and nothing less...relationships begin, and end, or change, or weaken(lover or friend)...chances are given and chances are taken for granted. and when that happens the giver stops giving...and you cant blame them...so i cant blame you. I LOVE you…yesterday, today, and tomorrow...ALWAYS!! Thats real.
Post a Comment