Monday, September 22, 2008

Plan for a surprise...

DISCLAIMER: this post was written last night!



“…because when you’re out there and you’re being tossed back and forth by those big dark waves and you think you’ll never feel land again and you feel like you are being split into a thousand pieces and sink down deep, it’s the light that keeps us on course…”- Steve Carrell

It’s 12:35 midnight and I’ve been tossing and turning in my bed for about 20 minutes…tonight I watched what I am currently considering the best movie ever…why was it the best movie?? I cried…not because I am the usual sap who cries for everything…but I cried because I understood Dan…I felt what he felt and it was a weird and scary feeling to be so in tune with a fictional character…most of you know me well enough to know what specific parts touched me so I will not disclose and exploit myself but…this movie man…this movie…whew…I felt him and knew him…understood every uncomfortable laugh (he had a lot of those), every tear, every silent pause…I knew him

Plan for a surprise…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I fricking told you DAN IN REAL LIFE was a great movie. For those of you who don't know she got that from my list of greats.

I cried too, btw.

Prodigious said...

lol...I know...I did get it from your list...I had to know what all the hype was about...now I know!!