Monday, May 5, 2008

GIVE GIVE GIVE...and take

So I'm stuck and confused by the ways of this world
seems that reciprocity's no longer a thang of this world
and I always wondered why I seemed to come up short
When I realized that it was the non-efforts of my cohorts
See she asked to borrow a crayon in school one day
and I quickly gave her my favorite color, bubblegum blue...
you know the one that came out of the BIG box of Crayola crayons...
yea so I gave and she took and when I asked for it back she gave me a look
and she placed it in my hand, broken to pieces, wrapper torn off and bite marks all around...
so I cried, yes I cried! It was my...bubblegum blue!
Yet I continued to GIVE...
He asked to ride my bike and I said "around the block, twice"
so he hopped on and went around once...came back with no hands on the bars...made my heart jump
so I yelled "please watch out...if something happens imma get in trouble"
he ignored me and kept to riding...5 minutes later...no sign of him
10 minutes later...he comes walking round the corner...no bike
said he'd gotten jumped by some bigger kids and now my bike was gone!
I called my cousin and uncle and they got it back, but the principle of the fact is...I gave and he took and got my bike taken...
Yet I continued to GIVE...
She came up to me in line and asked to borrow a dollar...said she left her wallet at home...blah blah blah
I told her not to bother...her reasoning meant nothing to me...I would give it to her free of excuse...
so two weeks later I lost my wallet...asked her to borrow a dollar and she opened her wallet...rumaged through it and said...
"sorry, i only have a five"...so break it and give me a dollar u dumb bitch, I thought, but said nothing...
I gave her my dollar, which she never returned, but when I was in need she had no desire to do for me what I had done for her...
Yet I contnued to GIVE...
So we stood in my room and he said he loved me, promised he'd never hurt or leave me...
so I took off my clothes, he took off his...I gave to him the biggest, most important part of me...three weeks later he was giving freebies to every hoochie in the city!
Yet I continued to GIVE...so I've given and given, expecting nothing in return for I've learned that when you give expectingly you are destined to crash and burn...I've always been taught to share and to help those in need but I sit here and ask when will be my turn to receive??????? GIVE GIVE GIVE...can't wait to take!!!!!!!

No comments: